The gaming world is becoming a lot more competitive day by day, unlike it used to be earlier. We have to thank the high-end graphics of the games for that, which attract gamers towards them. For a player, it is difficult to survive in this competitive world. Hence, one of the most promising solutions to take a position in the competitive gaming world is to upgrade the gears.
Being a gamer, you can change or upgrade the operating systems, devices, or supporting tools such as a controller. However, many people find it challenging to shift to other products when it comes to their favorite game – CS Go. In this article, I have tried to give a step by step guide on how to play Counter-Strike Go with Xbox 360 controller. I hope you will find it interesting and useful. Let’s start.
How to play CS GO with a controller?
To play games with the traditional keyboard & mouse work really fine while playing CS Go. But what if it doesn’t work or stop working suddenly during the climax of your winning game? Then they are not an efficient way of playing games, especially for FPS( First Person Shooter) games such as CS Go, right? Hence, using a controller as an alternative makes much more sense, and it is also an excellent and convenient option.
Playing the CS Go game on XBOX 360 with a controller requires some of the necessary settings to be done before heading to perform. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Connect the controller to the gaming console.
- Step 2: Run the stream.
- Step 3: Now, on the right-hand side corner of the stream, click on the button having the icon of the video game controller. This will run the stream in “Big Picture Mode.” By doing so, the interface becomes console friendly.
- Step 4: Run the Counter-Strike GO game.
- Step 5: If the console window is activated, then use the tilde key (~) to open the console window. If the console window is not activated then go to – “Options”> “Game Settings”> “Enable Developer Console”> “Yes”. Then use the tilde key (~) to open the console window.
- Step 6: Type “exec controller.360.cfg” & press enter key.
- Step 7: After that, type – “joystick 1” & press enter key.
That’s it. This process is one of the simplest ways to configure the settings for CS Go so that it can be played easily with a controller in XBOX 360. I hope you are on the same page with me, and you can now play CS with the controller.
Top 10 Tips that will Help You to Become a PRO of CS Go
- To run fast in the game, make sure that you have a small weapon in your hands, such as a knife or bomb. As the size of the weapon increases, the speed of the player decreases.
- The magazine boxes of the gun remain in the same place for the next 15 seconds after the reload has been done. So, make sure to reload the gun in a remote area and keep checking the ground to know the enemy’s location.
- You can save up to $350 in the game by avoiding buying helmets when all the players of the opponent team have AK47 with them. It’s because the bullets of AK47 can easily bypass the helmets in a single shot & can kill you.
- Planting a bomb requires less than 4 seconds, so leave that place in less than 4 seconds. By doing so, you can save your life while most of the beginners losses their one life or two in testing these things only.
- While plotting the bomb near the enemy, use a smoke grenade first so that the enemy cannot trace the exact location of the bomb.
- To shoot at an enemy from the corner of the wall while crouching, it’s preferred to shout from the right-hand side rather than the left-hand side. The handling of the player seems to work accurately while shouting from the right-hand side.
- Use left & right movements rather than forward & backward movements to increase escaping and shooting accuracy from the corner of the wall.
- Set the mouse sensitivity according to you so that you don’t feel uncomfortable while playing for the first time.
- If anyone in your team leaves the game in between, then there will be a bot created in place of that player. Any other players of the team can use it after they die by pressing the “E” key.
- To get rid of chickens as they create a mess while shooting enemies, use a knife and slice next to them. Due to this process, they will become scared and quickly run away from you.
These tips can help any CS Go gamer to increase their productivity in the game and to bring their skills to the next level. I hope this article has helped you to know and understand how to use a controller on CS Go. Happy Gaming! 🙂